Technical Business Analyst (Data Integration)
As a Technical Business Analyst, you will be a vital link between our business objectives, our data requirements, and our software development effort capacity. You may be a junior technologist with informal education in software development, or you may be a business analyst who leans technical. You will play an active role in building a shared understanding of data requirements between the business and software development team. You will assist in the planning, scoping and testing of data pipelines for new products and features, and ensure their successful completion.
Above all, you are a problem solver. You can point to significant examples in your past when you came up with a way to use data to solve a problem for a sizeable number of people
- Participate and facilitate in requirements and feature discovery workshops
- Work with Software Development to implement and test data pipeline and ETL features
- Have a thorough understanding of our technical infrastructure
- Explain complex technical process in clear non-technical terms to team members.
- Diagnose, triage and fix issues in reports and data sets
- Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations for improvement
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Business /Data Analysis or Quality Assurance (includes internships or co-op placements)
- A code-related or data-related post-secondary degree, Computer Science or Information Management preferred
- Working experience with any variety of SQL, knowledge of the fundamentals of database design & Agile software development
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing and work group facilitation
- You are very comfortable working over video conference (we work with a remote software development team)
This is a full-time position, to start as soon as possible. Ability to work remotely but we do have a small office in Toronto.
To apply please send your resume, cover letter and your salary expectations to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.