We are VetSuccess: the veterinary industry's leading analytics experts, making sense of veterinary practice data and turning it into actionable information. We provide practice performance reports, dashboards, and automated marketing solutions for veterinary practices and industry partners. We basically eat, sleep, and breathe veterinary data, earning us a well-deserved label of data nerds. Everything we do supports our vision of a world in which veterinary practices use their data to care for their practices like they care for their patients.
Our stellar team consists of passionate and dedicated professionals who are committed to helping our clients get to the next level. We are driven by our core values of integrity, innovation, personal responsibility, and support. Each member of the VetSuccess team is exceptionally generous, contributing to our open, collaborative, and effective work environment. We work hard, have fun, and love what we do.
As a Data Analyst, you will dive into our mountain of practice data and build models to make sense of how practices behave and how to best help them thrive. Additionally, you will have to normalize messy data sets, evaluate multiple promising leads quickly, and really put yourself in our client’s shoes.
Given that we are still a fairly small team there will be chances to branch out into other projects such as data engineering, UX, marketing, client facing work or product design based on talent and inclination.
- Integrate data sources and know-how across disparate areas of a recently acquired company
- Understand our internal and external clients’ needs and guide them to data they need
- Build models to determine how to best help practices and industry clients
- Design trials to put the model’s predictions to the test
- Visualize your findings in PowerBI for business audiences of varying technical understanding
- Other duties as assigned, there will be a lot not on this list and that should be a plus
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics preferred
- Minimum 3 years working experience as analyst, statistician or similar (includes internships or co-op)
- Minimum 3 years of any variety of SQL, preferably at the role above
- Knowledge of languages or packages for analyzing datasets (Python, SPSS, SAS, R or similar)
- Experience with Tableau, PowerBI or similar a plus
- Background in sales, marketing, business, veterinary medicine or finance all a plus
The VetSuccess head office is located in Toronto, Canada but the team is distributed across North America, South America and Europe. This position will work closely with Portland Oregon based company, Vetsource and the position will be located in their offices in Portland Oregon.
To apply please send your resume, cover letter and your salary expectations to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.