IT’S A BIG ISSUE IN OUR INDUSTRY.
ON AVERAGE, WE FIND THAT OUR MEMBER PRACTICES HAVE 110 LAPSING PATIENTS AT ANY GIVEN TIME.
Typical industry reminder protocols are sent 30 days before a wellness exam is due, 7 days before and 1-2 weeks after.
Through testing, we decided that the ideal product would be an automated email program sent to pet owners, on behalf of practices, whose pets had not been in the practice for 14, 16, or 18 months.
ENCOURAGE PET OWNERS TO BRING PETS INTO THE PRACTICE FOR A WELLNESS EXAM
- Our team developed a framework for the new product, and as a best practice decided to survey our members for their input.
- We got some great ideas from this exercise, which really helped us fine-tune our product development.
- Once we designed the product, we realized we needed a short, memorable name for it.
- Our team brainstormed some ideas and went back to our members to ask them to vote on our suggestions or provide their own.
PROOF IT WORKS
We didn’t stop there.
We wanted to prove that RETRIEVER works, not just technically but that it actually “retrieves” lapsing patients. So we went into alpha testing with 3 practices for 60 days.
We decided that we needed to measure the program results formally and ongoing, and developed a monthly performance report for each practice.
The results were fantastic! Our alpha testing with 3 practices over 60 days, yielded a retrieval rate of 5.4% and generated additional revenue of $3927.20.
“We were so happy to have the opportunity to be included in the alpha testing of the Retriever program especially since our practice management software,Read more
Lisa Christie of Hill Country Hospital
We then moved into the beta stage of our testing and the results have been stellar! In 12 practices over a 60-day period, a retrieval rate of 6.05% was achieved with additional revenue of $32,828.85. And most importantly, 161 patients received the additional care they needed!
“VetSuccess’ RETRIEVER program has closed our communication gap to those lapsing clients we haven’t seen come back into the practice for over 12-18 months. We’ve been using the program for two months now and have seen great results so far. This month Read more
Getting RETRIEVER setup was painless. Installation took less than 10 minutes, and since the day the system was setup, things have been hands-off on my end of things. I love that we’re getting such great results from something that saves me a ton of time.
I would strongly recommend RETRIEVER to any practice that’s interested in rescuing lapsing clients and getting them back through the front door. In my experience, the monthly investment in the program pays for itself many, many times over. RETRIEVER has closed my practice’s lapsing client communication gap and works in conjunction with the vaccine and treatment reminder system that we already had in place.”
Ben Spinks, CVPM, of Tipp City Veterinary Hospital
HERE ARE A FEW EXAMPLES FROM PARTICIPATING PRACTICES OVER A 60-DAY PERIOD:
WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE
RETRIEVER consists of 3 professionally written and designed emails, automatically sent to pet owners, on behalf of your practice, whose pets have not been in the practice for 14, 16, or 18 months.
Two great features of the emails:
- The BOOK NOW button, brings up an email to your practice when clicked.
- The No Thanks button, that leads to a brief survey pet owners can fill out as to why they will not be bringing in their pet(s). This helps you keep your client records updated!
You’ll also receive a monthly performance report that lets you see how many emails were sent on your behalf, how many patients were “retrieved” and what additional revenue your practice earned as part of your participation in the RETRIEVER program!
SIGN UP TODAY
- RETRIEVER is only available to VetSuccess Members. Join VetSuccess and get RETRIEVER for $39/month.
- RETRIEVER can only exclude Emergency and Referral patients based on their transaction code types.
- A word about unsubscribes… If a client unsubscribes from RETRIEVER through an email we’ve sent out, we’ll know and they won’t get another email from the program. However, because RETRIEVER looks to your Practice’s Information Management System (PIMS) when choosing which clients to contact, you’ll need to keep your PIMs clean from general unsubscribes. That will ensure that your client’s communication preferences are respected and that we don’t email them if they’ve already opted out from your practice’s emails.