We are VetSuccess: the veterinary industry's leading analytics experts, making sense of veterinary practice data and turning it into actionable information. We provide practice performance reports, dashboards, and automated marketing solutions for veterinary practices and industry partners. We basically eat, sleep, and breathe veterinary data, earning us a well-deserved label of data nerds. Everything we do supports our vision of a world in which veterinary practices use their data to care for their practices like they care for their patients.
Our stellar team consists of passionate and dedicated professionals who are committed to helping our clients get to the next level. We are driven by our core values of integrity, innovation, personal responsibility, and support. Each member of the VetSuccess team is exceptionally generous, contributing to our open, collaborative, and effective work environment. We work hard, have fun, and love what we do.
As a Product Manager, you will be the champion who conceives great ideas to help our customers and leads the effort to realize them, from the germ of an idea through an initial story map and kickoff, through iterative development cycles, to release and rollout, and beyond to subsequent versions.
You are consumingly interested in getting to know the types of people who use what you help create, so that you can serve them better.
You will work with stellar sales/support, business analyst, and developer colleagues to refine and implement your ideas, and you will collaboratively negotiate with them to resolve issues that come up in the product development process.
Above all, you are extremely talented at
- listening to and learning about people whose daily experience may be very different from yours
- understanding their perspective and committing to help them
- imagining technological ways to help, and being willing to try and fail at them
- communicating what you imagine to those with the skills to create it
- discerning and advocating the most important aspects of these ideas in the face of inevitable obstacles
- learning from all the steps above and applying what you learn to the next experience
- Own success or failure of product ideas
- Serve as primary point of contact about those ideas for stakeholders
- Maintain roadmap for those ideas into the future
- Conduct User Experience research
- Ensure delivery of actionable requirements to development, with clear criteria for success
- Hold development accountable for delivery of your ideas
- Determine and communicate release timing or scope
- Help stakeholders plan for rollout and onboarding
- Track record of contributing to projects as above
- Post-secondary degree in related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical documentation skill
- Discipline and ability to work remotely
- Actively engage with a fun & caring employee community
- Preference given to candidates with experience in the veterinary sector and / or experience with agile development process
This is a full-time position, to start as soon as possible. Ability to work remotely but we do have a small office in Toronto.
To apply please send your resume, cover letter and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.