We are VetSuccess: the veterinary industry's leading analytics experts, making sense of veterinary practice data and turning it into actionable information. We provide practice performance reports, dashboards, and automated marketing solutions for veterinary practices and industry partners. We basically eat, sleep, and breathe veterinary data, earning us a well-deserved label of data nerds. Everything we do supports our vision of a world in which veterinary practices use their data to care for their practices like they care for their patients.
Our stellar team consists of passionate and dedicated professionals who are committed to helping our clients get to the next level. We are driven by our core values of integrity, innovation, personal responsibility, and support. Each member of the VetSuccess team is exceptionally generous, contributing to our open, collaborative, and effective work environment. We work hard, have fun, and love what we do.
As a Business Analyst, you will be a vital link between our business objectives and our software development effort capacity. You may be working in business with a keen interest in technology and/or software development, or you may be a junior technologist with informal education in software development. You will play an active role in building a shared understanding of feature requirements between the business and software development team. You will assist in the planning, scoping and testing of new products and features, and ensure their successful completion.
- Participate and facilitate in requirements and feature discovery workshops
- Work with Software Development to implement and test features and products
- Have a thorough understanding of our technical infrastructure
- Explain complex technical process in clear non-technical terms to team members.
- Diagnose, triage and fix issues in reports and data sets
- Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations for improvement
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets
- Be constantly on the lookout for ways to deliver better value to the customer
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Business /Data Analysis or Quality Assurance (includes internships or co-op placements)
- A post-secondary degree, Computer Science or Information Management preferred
- Working experience with any variety of SQL, knowledge of the fundamentals of database design & Agile software development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing and work group facilitation
- You are very comfortable working over video conference ( we work with a remote software development team)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with data visualization tools (Power Bi, Tableau, etc.) is an asset
- Knowledge of languages or statistical packages for analyzing large datasets is an asset (SPSS, SAS, R, Python etc)
This is a full-time position, to start as soon as possible. Ability to work remotely but we do have a small office in Toronto.
To apply please send your resume, cover letter and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.