Working closely with project stakeholders, the Business Analyst will define the business requirements and functional specifications on each project and ensure the successful completion of new products and features. As a Business Analyst in a data services company, you will be a vital link between our business objectives and our software development effort capacity.
- Work closely with business partners, customers, and technical resources to visualize, design, build and refine key initiatives within the company
- Discover, collect and document business needs and apply them to solution ideation
- Explain complex technical processes in clear non-technical terms to team members
- Diagnose, triage and fix issues in reports and data sets
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets and develop well thought out metrics to deliver business insights
- Mock up, and provide feedback on, potential solutions and visualizations
- Be constantly on the lookout for ways deliver better value to the customer
- Perform gap analysis, and identification of any areas for improvement within existing procedures, methods and business processes
- Participate in development reviews and design sessions, and perform end-to-end testing of products to ensure alignment between the requirements and solution
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Business /Data Analysis or Quality Assurance (includes internships or co-op placements)
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of database design
- Knowledge of languages or packages for analyzing datasets (Python, SPSS, SAS, R or similar) an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical documentation skills
- You are very comfortable working over video conference ( we work with a remote software development team)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in Information Architecture and with data visualization tools (Looker, Power BI, Tableau, etc.) is an asset
At VetSuccess, we are proud to have earned our reputation as industry-leading analytics experts. Our culture is driven by respect, transparency, and collaboration. It's a place where great things happen, all while working alongside people we enjoy and admire.
This is a full-time position, to start as soon as possible. Ability to work remotely but we do have a small office in Toronto.
To apply please send your resume, cover letter and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.