Business Intelligence Analyst
As a BI Analyst, you will work with our mountain of practice and financial data to turn it into dashboards and metrics. On the analysis side you will answer our internal and external client’s questions with deep yet accessible dives into their own data. On the product side you will create custom dashboards to best serve our clients’ needs.
Because Vet Success is a fairly small team there will be chances to branch out into other projects such as machine learning, statistical assessment of our randomized control trials, data engineering, UX or a greater emphasis on product based on your talent and inclination.
VetSuccess is distributed across North America and Europe and offers the opportunity to work remotely or in our offices in downtown Toronto.
- Visualize complex data sets in PowerBI for internal and external business audiences
- Write Postgres SQL to prep data for case studies and dashboards. This is not a DBA posting, we won’t expect you to design databases or even tables, but you should be able to operate independently and optimize your own queries once you learn the schema
- Understand our clients’ needs and guide them to data they need
- Keep an eye open for new improvements, datasets or product opportunities
- Represent our technical capabilities to an external client alongside an internal account manager
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics preferred
- Minimum 2 years working experience as an analyst creating dashboards and visualizations or similar (includes internships or co-op placements)
- Minimum 2 years of any variety of SQL, preferably at the analyst role above
- Client facing skills required to gather custom requirements and client needs
- Background in business, UX, BA, QA, user testing and product design are all valued
- Knowledge of languages or packages for analyzing datasets (SPSS, SAS, R, Python etc) is a plus
- Experience in machine learning, particularly in natural language, is a plus
- A public portfolio for Tableau, Power BI or equivalent, highly valued
To apply please send your resume, cover letter and your salary expectations to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.